Wednesday, August 11, 2010

is it tough to be a Mrs.Software ?


I have read a lot of poems depicting how the sw ppl lose their life for money . every other poem is interesting and good to read. I read one such poem this afternoon and was thinking about it for a while..

When I was working for a software giant say some 8-9 yrs back , I was in one of the most hectic project . I leave home by 2 or 3 AM the next day. In fact there have been days when I have stayed at work continuously for more than 24 hrs straight . But the thing is that I enjoyed it and never felt like am missing life . For that matter my entire project team was also like that . The truth is that in spite of such a project schedule I found time to find my lucky love , my best half too.

OK that is an old story .
Coming to this date , my hubby is with a leading software company. He too works day in and out and at times sleeps at 2 AM. Even then he has always got that few little seconds for me , to pick my fone , to reply me when I ping him in IM. True that most of the time he says shall I call u later , but never he has failed to answer me . He never complaints about his long hrs of work rather the complaint always would be that he needs to do something more challenging.He is always there when ever I needs him.

May be ideas change or prespective change..or May be Iam gifted with such a darling am still not able to feel the pain when some one complains how IT has taken away the love from life and life from them.





2 comments:

  1. I totally agree work is never hectic for people who think it is not :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends, Uthra.

    Do you feel that all these efforts are worth it? Why should we slog for 24 hours altogether. Why was it not properly planned? Are we not taken for a ride?

    I remember when onsite, I had to attend to a call till 2-3AM and I "WAS EXPECTED" to be all fresh for the 7:30AM call too, rather, taken for granted that being the onsite coordinator, we "HAVE TO" be on time on both the timezones.

    When single or married without kids, working late hours was not at all a problem. But it changed radically after the kids were born.

    I hardly work between 5-10PM. I say a strict "NO" also, if there are long meetings scheduled afer 4:30.I leave on dot by 5PM to pick up the kids. If there is a need, it will be only after 10 PM, after the kids go to sleep.

    Subha

    ReplyDelete

U does not say that U will agree to whatever you say , but definitely U likes you saying whatever you feel.